The silicone reduces hypertrophic scars and keloids, it diminishes scars both new and old (including hypertonic and keloids), restoring skin to a more natural texture and color. Used after surgery or injury to help prevent scar tissue from forming. Self adhesive silicone sheeting is kept in place over the scar without the use of medical tape.
- Increases hydration of stratum corneum and thereby facilitates regulation of fibroblast production and reduction in collagen production.
- Softens and flattens scar.
- Reduces itching and discomfort associated with scars.
- Allows skin to breathe.
- Protects the scarred tissue from bacterial invasion and prevents bacteria-induced excessive collagen production in the scar tissue.
- Restores Balance of fibrogenesis and fibrolysis.